Austin Stone Worship Residency
From August 2018 to July 2020, I will be a Worship Resident at Austin Stone Community Church in Austin, TX. Austin Stone exists to give "glory to Christ above all things" and welcome "all people to worship Him." Austin Stone Worship is a collective of pastors, musicians, and creatives who serve 5 campuses with over 7,500 attendees across the greater Austin area. Austin Stone Worship actively engages the city’s creative community by pioneering projects that incorporate music, writing, film, visual art, and design.
I am so excited to partner with a church that deeply values the Gospel, community, and creative expression. Matt and I have prayed for an opportunity like this for years. Read more about my journey to residency here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Worship Residency?
The Worship Residency is a 2-year program that provides leadership and ministerial experience along with musical, theological, and character development. The residency offers a holistic relationship between full-time ministry work and personal development as a minister. For the duration of my residency, I will be mentored by Jaleesa McCreary, ASW’s Director of Events.
Why is the Worship Residency your next step?
My vision is to connect people all over the world to the love of Christ through music. This is my passion and I believe that it is my calling. I have been serving consistently in worship ministry for the past 12 years, but I have never had the opportunity to do it full-time. I genuinely want to be the best leader, musician, and minister I can be. I think this requires both on-the-ground experience and development, which is exactly what this residency program provides. Ultimately, this is the next step towards a lifelong career in music ministry. Watch more about my vision for worship ministry here.
What ministry work will you do?
- Develop and disciple female worship leaders and musicians in the church.
- Lead worship for middle and high school youth in the Austin Stone Students Ministry.
- Organize and lead worship weekly at Austin Stone’s Recovery Ministry.
- Prepare and plan monthly Worship Collectives where creatives who serve the Austin Stone gather to worship together, cast vision, and connect with each other.
- Prepare and provide administrative support for weekly Worship Leader Classes.
- Provide daily administrative support for various ASW projects based on the congregation's needs. This may include events, conferences, or album releases.
- Prepare and plan weekly ASW staff meetings called Worship Huddles.
- Lead worship alongside various ASW worship leaders.
What development will you receive?
- Mentorship from Jaleesa McCreary, an incredibly talented singer, worship leader, and event director.
- 2 years of working with and being supervised by the Austin Stone Worship staff.
- Theological training through Austin Stone's Men and Women's Development Program.
- Worship leading "labs" that provide constructive performance and pastoral feedback.
Why is the Worship Residency support-raised?
Support-raising allows those who give to have a unique level personal involvement in a particular individual's ministry. Matt and I are both firm believers in support-raising for ministry. I am responsible for raising all funds required for my employment because there is no central fund to support residents. For the duration of my residency, I will be considered a domestic missionary. Therefore, I am dependent on a team of ministry partners who will pray and give financially towards my salary, insurance, training, and ministry expenses. If you have questions about support-raising, please let me know.
How do I join your support team?
Thank you for asking! I'd love for you to partner with us through prayer or finances. Click the link below to find out more: